Baseball glove care tips
Catching the ball is fundamental to baseball. All defensive plays build on catching the batted or thrown ball. You need a decent leather baseball glove for that.
Proper care of your baseball glove is a prerequisite for its longevity. That it lasts a long time... and stays in good condition can only be guaranteed with good care. This is the only way you will have fun with him for a long time.
In general, you should follow the following baseball glove care tips:
- If possible, store your baseball glove in a cool, dry place.
- Always keep a ball in the glove. We recommend a glove locker , perfect for keeping your glove in shape. The glove closes around the ball in the glove locker and is kept in shape.
- Never leave the glove in the trunk of the car any longer. The leather would become brittle there and generally be too badly affected. Leather should never be exposed to excessive heat.
- If the baseball or softball glove gets wet, wipe with a towel and allow to dry. Never place on or in front of the heater as this could dry out the leather.
- Glove care products or oil should be used sparingly. Once when the glove is new** and otherwise 2-3 times per season is sufficient.
- The cords or leather straps should always be in good condition and tightened*
At Dugout24 we even offer expert glove repair and refurbishment in case the glove straps become brittle or snapped. Then at the latest it will be high time... otherwise it will be very dangerous when catching.